International Health Centre Rotterdam   Gerdesiaweg 488   3061 RA Rotterdam

Int. Health Centre Rotterdam
Gerdesiaweg 488
3061 RA Rotterdam

International Health Centre Rotterdam   Gerdesiaweg 488   3061 RA Rotterdam

minor surgical procedures

Home | Mental health

Mental health

Your mental health and well-being is important. It can have an influence of different aspects of your life, such as your work, study and relationships.

Mental health problems

Mental health problems can have a negative affect on your concentration, your appetite, your energy level and your motivation. These problems can become serious and cause physical symptoms. It’s important not to neglect or trivialize mental illnesses. Are you experiencing mental problems? Please, get into contact with one of our GPs. There are a lot of things we can do to help you with your problems. Our GPs can prescribe medicines that alleviate your medical complaints. Also our GPs can refer you to a specialist.

Expats and mental health problems

Moving to another country and adjusting to a foreign culture and language can be difficult. It can cause a lot of stress or can make you feel isolated. Of course, you will need some time to adjust to this new situation, but if you continue to feel isolated and depressed it might be wise to contact us.

GP and specialist

Do you think you need psychological treatment? Whether or not related to your relocation? Then first of all you have to register with a Dutch GP. After this you can make an appointment and consult the GP. Tell about the issues you are having and the GP will decide if a referral to a specialist, for instance a therapist, is needed.

Make an appointment

Are you experiencing mental health issues? Don’t ignore them, but get into contact with a doctor. Our GPs at IHCR take a holistic approach to your health care needs and look forward to meeting you. Our GPs will treat your problems confidentially and with care and will forward you to a specialist if desired or necessary. For a consultation, please contact by submitting an appointment request form.